Meet Amber! One of Fulkrum’s successful apprentices based in our Corby office.
As a former Business Administration apprentice for the Fulkrum team in 2017, Amber has since worked her way to Commercial Administrator working among our Corby team. Here’s what she had to say about her experience so far.
- Can you tell us a bit about your day-to-day activities in your role?
Working in the Commercial Department, my day-to-day activities vary. Some of my duties include supporting Bid and Tenders, keeping internal documents up to date, reviewing contracts and compiling client registrations.
- What makes you passionate about the industry and its future?
With items for renewable clients becoming more and more common in my day-to-day activities, it’s exciting to see how the market is changing to become more sustainable and therefore targeting areas to reach net zero targets.
- In your experience working with Fulkrum so far, what would you say has been your biggest learning curve?
My biggest learning curve working with Fulkrum so far was joining the Commercial Department after my Apprenticeship was over.Having no industry knowledge prior to starting at Fulkrum, I am grateful I had the opportunity to work as an Administrative assistant for a year before moving job role as it allowed me to learn about Fulkrum and how we work as well as gaining valuable industry knowledge which still helps me in my position today.
- Fulkrum are passionate about supporting young people embarking on their career, what kind of opportunities do you think should be available in the industry as a whole?
With the Industry going down a more sustainable route, I think it’s vital to introduce more young people into the industry in order to allow the next generation a chance to introduce new ideas and educate others, which could potentially drive companies down an even ‘greener’ route in the future.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
The best piece of advice I’ve ever been given is that no matter what, everything is fixable. This has helped me so much in my role as when things start to get a little stressful, I can take a step back and look at it from another angle. Perspective really is everything.
Share this Post